Sunday, September 27, 2020

Kate Liu

                  Piano recital at the Royal Castle in Warsaw





This news about Kate Liu, sent to me by the Fryderyk Chopin Institute in Poland, gave me great joy:


"The favourite of the audience and winner of the 3rd Prize of the 17th Chopin Competition Kate Liu will appear on the stage at 7:30pm on 18 October. The programme of her concert includes works of George Frederick Handel, Fryderyk Chopin, and Robert Schumann. 





Although the author of this blog has not had the opportunity to hear Kate Liu live, he is part of the crowd of admirers of this Singapore-born American pianist.


Not only do we constantly follow her on YouTube, but we shower her with praise. What's more: I have dedicated a blog post to her in which I include some of the comments that I have posted on YouTube. Two of them summarize my opinion about this young pianist who has her hands full of promise:


* Kate Liu is one of the best performers of Chopin's music that I have ever met, and it seems to me that she was the best pianist of the XVII Competition in 2015, despite the opinion of Martha Argerich.


* I have the complete work of Chopin performed by various famous pianists; however, my greatest wish would be to have all the opuses of this composer performed by Kate Liu. 





No comments:

Post a Comment